Politics Trump adds Tennessee’s Corker to his Twit listGabby Kaufman Staff Writer •Trump responds to Sen. Bob Corker’s criticism of him, despite White House saying it didn’t dignify a response Trump responds to Sen. Bob Corker’s criticism of him, despite White House saying it didn’t dignify a responseYahoo News Video Scroll back up to restore default view.President Trump aimed a tweet at Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn., Friday in response to Corker’s criticism last week. The president called Corker’s remarks “strange … considering that he is constantly asking me whether or not he should run again in ’18.” FollowDonald J. Trump @realDonaldTrumpStrange statement by Bob Corker considering that he is constantly asking me whether or not he should run again in ’18. Tennessee not happy!Related SearchesSenator Corker TennesseeCorker On TrumpBob Corker TrumpTrump’s taunt was a response to Corker’s remark to reporters last week that the president “has not yet been able to demonstrate the stability, nor some of the competence that he needs to demonstrate, in order to be successful.”Corker also addressed Trump’s response to the violence in Charlottesville, Va., where a demonstration organized by white supremacists ended with the death of a counterprotester.“He also recently has not demonstrated that he understands the character of this nation,” Corker said. “He has not demonstrated that he understands what has made this nation great and what it is today.”Trump initially said “many sides” were responsible for the unrest. He eventually denounced white supremacists explicitly, only to later reiterate there was “blame on both sides,” as well as “very fine people on both sides.”At the White House press briefing Thursday, press secretary Sarah Sanders was asked to respond to Corker’s criticism.“I think that’s a ridiculous and outrageous claim and doesn’t dignify a response from this podium,” Sanders said curtly.Trump has recently set his sights on members of his own party. At a rally in Phoenix Tuesday, Trump went after Arizona GOP Sens. John McCain and Jeff Flake, though he cheekily avoided using either man’s name. The president has also repeatedly attacked Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., and the New York Times reported the two have not spoken in weeks.
Politics Psychiatrists tell Congress Donald Trump is ‘a clear and present danger’ to the world
A scene from Putin’s worst nightmare just unfolded in Ukraine Business Insider 23 hours ago Ukraine celebrated its Independence Day from the former Soviet Union on Thursday with a military parade through central Kiev. Not only was Defense Secretary James Mattis in attendance, along with eight other foreign defense ministers, but about 230 troops from the US and seven other NATO countries also marched alongside Ukrainian soldiers. It was the first time US soldiers ever participated in Ukraine’s Independence Day parade. „We are honored to be here marching alongside other countries showing our support in Ukraine,” 1st Sgt. Clifton Fulkerson said. As US troops marched down the street, a wave of cheers and applause reportedly went through the crowd of Ukrainians on hand. But not everyone was thrilled with NATO’s involvement. „That kind of parade is not a celebration of independence, but rather a show of dependence on the US and NATO,” a pro-Russian Ukrainian politician, Vladimir Oleinik, told Russian media outlet Sputnik, which the Russian Embassy in Canada tweeted. „In the reverse, it would be difficult to imagine Poroshenko coming to celebrate the 4th of July in Washington while Ukrainian troops marched in Washington.” FollowИА REGNUM @IA_REGNUM«Парад зависимости»: По Крещатику маршем прошли солдаты НАТОhttps://regnum.ru/news/polit/2313565.html … · Moscow, Russia«Парад зависимости»: По Крещатику маршем прошли солдаты НАТО – ИА REGNUMПо Крещатику промаршировали 4,5 тыс. военнослужащих украинской армии и более 200 военнослужащих стран НАТО и стран-претендентов на членство в Альянсе. Президент Украины Петр Порошенко после парада…regnum.ru Two other Russian state owned media outlets, Russia Times and TASS, also uploaded videos headlining NATO’s involvement in the parade. The Russian Embassy in Washington D.C. did not immediately respond to Business Insider’s request for comment. After the parade, Mattis met with Poroshenko to discuss the possibility of supplying Ukraine with defensive weapons such as the Javelin.”Have no doubt the United States also stands with Ukraine in all things,” Mattis told reporters while standing next to Poroshenko after they met. „We support you in the face of threats to sovereignty and territorial integrity, and to international law and the international order writ large.”
„We do not, and we will not, accept Russia’s seizure of the Crimea. And despite Russia’s denials, we know they are seeking to redraw international borders by force, undermining the sovereign and free nations of Europe.”While he acknowledged that the US just recently approved giving Kiev $175 million worth of military equipment, he stopped short of saying whether the US would supply Kiev with $50 million worth of anti-tank missile systems. „I prefer not to answer that right now,” Mattis said, adding that the proposal is under review. Supplying Ukraine with anti-tank missiles and other defensive weapons has been a controversial proposition. Former President Obama did not support such a move, arguing that it would provoke Russia. France, Germany and some analysts have expressed the same concerns. Many Russian politicians and officials have also spoken out against the plan. But Mattis appeared to slightly give away his own take. „Defensive weapons are not provocative unless you’re an aggressor,” he said at the press conference, „and clearly, Ukraine is not an aggressor, since it’s their own territory where the fighting is happening.”SEE ALSO: The Pentagon wants to arm Ukraine in order to deter RussiaNOW WATCH: How the US’s futuristic new aircraft carrier will change naval warfare forever
World NATO says Russia should be transparent about its military drills By Lidia Kelly and Agnieszka Barteczko,Reuters 9 hours ago By Lidia Kelly and Agnieszka Barteczko WARSAW (Reuters) – NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said on Friday the alliance would closely watch Russian military exercises in western Russia and Belarus next month, urging Moscow to be transparent about the drills.The maneuvers, the largest in years, with tanks, naval and air units operating in and around the Baltic and North Sea, have raised NATO’s concern that the official number of troops participating might be understated.”We are going to be watching very closely the course of these exercises,” Stoltenberg told reporters after meeting Polish Prime Minister Beata Szydlo on a visit to check on the deployment of the U.S.-led alliance’s forces in the country’s east.”All countries have the right to exercises of their armed forces, but the countries should also respect the obligation to be transparent.”Russia has said that 13,000 troops will participate in the Sept. 14-20 drills, which under an international agreement is the limit for not requiring the presence of external observers. Western estimates have put the number of troops involved much higher.The Russian Foreign Ministry said on Friday the drills were purely defensive and concerns about troop numbers were „inflated hype of an artificial nature” in Western media.”We would like to emphasize that it is precisely these actions which lead to increased military tension in Europe,” the ministry said in a statement.Stoltenberg will meet with Polish, Turkish and Romanian foreign ministers later on Friday before visiting NATO troops in Poland’s Orzysz, about 57 km (35 miles) south of Russia’s Baltic Sea enclave of Kaliningrad, where Moscow has stationed nuclear-capable missiles and an S-400 air missile defense system.”(The NATO deployment) is a clear signal that an attack on one ally is an attack on the whole alliance,” Stoltenberg said. „The matter here is to prevent conflicts and not to provoke them.”(Additional reporting by Jack Stubbs in Moscow; Writing by Lidia Kelly; Editing by Jeremy Gaunt)
Celebrity Mel B & Simon Cowell’s ‘AGT’ Fight Was Staged, Says Source: ‘She Knew It Was Coming!’